See Some of Our More Common Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are natural-looking, synthetic eyelashes that are carefully crafted and applied to your natural eyelashes to provide a luxurious, transformative appearance. Eyelash extensions can be made of silk, faux minx or real mink fur and mimic natural eyelashes by being tapered to a fine point in a range of lengths and thicknesses.
How are eyelash extensions applied, and how long does it take?
For a classic full set it takes 1.45-2 hours for the first time. Touch up is 1-1. 5 hours. Volume full set for the first time takes 2-3 hours. Refill is 1.5-2 hours. This time can vary based on how many individual natural eyelashes you have, since we extend each lash individually. Using a pair of tweezers, we’ll gently and delicately isolate each of your natural eyelashes to apply individual extensions with medical-grade adhesives. To keep bottom lashes in place and promote overall eye beauty, With experience in the beauty spa industry, we understand the importance of making the process as comfortable as possible and many of our clients even fall asleep as they wait for their lashes to finish up.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
Be sure to remove eye makeup at least four hours before your appointment with an oil-free makeup remover. By showing up to your appointment without eye makeup, you can ensure optimal bonding for your eyelash extensions.
How often are fills required?
Typical clients come in for fills after three weeks. If you have a more active lifestyle that includes activities like hot yoga or swimming, or if you have naturally oily skin, you may want to come in a few days earlier or after two weeks instead of three. Some clients who take good care of their extensions can go four to five weeks before their next fill.
Can I work out, swim, and shower with my lash extensions?
Absolutely! Lash extensions are durable enough to last through exercise, swimming, bathing, and pretty much any other activity. Applying a coating sealant both before and after intensive activities can also help protect and extend the life of your extensions.
How do I care for my new lash extensions?
During the initial four hours after having your eyelash extensions applied, please protect them by keeping them free of moisture, sweat, makeup or tears.
What do I need to do to care for my eyelash extensions?
Your eyelashes are an investment, and getting the most from your money means taking good care of them after they’ve been applied. By following these steps, you can extend the lifetime of your eyelash extensions:
- For 24 hours after your procedure, don’t wet your lashes during or after showering to allow the glue an appropriate period of time to cure. This also means it’s best to avoid steam rooms, saunas and swimming.
- Avoid using waterproof mascara on your eyelashes and instead use a water-soluble mascara or one specifically designed for eyelash extensions. You may actually find that you no longer need mascara at all.
- Remove makeup with a lint-free applicator by working delicately around your eyelashes. Using a cotton swab is not advised because the lint can get caught in the extensions.
- Avoid cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that have oil or solvents because these can weaken the bonding agent used to adhere the eyelash extensions.
- Be careful not to rub your eyes. Patting your eyes gently instead is much better for the eyelashes and sensitive skin around the eyes, regardless of having extensions or not.
- Be careful not to have your eyelashes get snagged or caught on clothes while dressing and undressing.
- Never attempt to pull your eyelash extension off as it will take out your natural eyelash at the same time. If you’d like to have them removed, please contact us for professional removal service.
- Do not attempt to perm or tint your extensions.
- Do not use curlers on your eyelashes.
- Be sure to book your eyelash refills at intervals about three weeks apart in order to maintain the optimum eyelash appearance.
To maintain your lash extensions:
– Use an oil-free cleanser to wash your lashes and eye area on a daily basis
– Carefully comb through your eyelash extensions to prevent tangling
– Keep bonds strong by applying sealant daily
– Do not use anything oil-based near your lashes or you may compromise the bonds
– Don’t rub your eyes or pull on lashes
– Don’t sleep on your face or rub lashes into your pillow at night – we can sell you protective sleep masks if needed
Can eyelash extensions damage my eyelashes?
WILL THEY DAMAGE MY NATURAL EYELASHES?
If applied correctly, eyelash extensions should not damage the natural eyelashes. The eyelash extension is adhered to a single, isolated natural eyelash, so the natural lash can grow and shed as it normally would. The length and volume of the extensions is key. Wearing extensions that are too long or heavy can damage natural eyelashes. During your consultation with Applelashes we will examine your eyelashes and will determine a suitable length and thickness of eyelash extension to maintain the health of your natural eyelashes.